ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
Academic Achievement Awards (Triple A) encourage academic excellence in Phi Gamma Delta's newly initiated members. For the last 65 years, the Phi Gamma Delta Educational Foundation has supported the educational and academic programs of the Fraternity's members.
Recognizing that undergraduate members need a healthy academic environment for their scholastic aspirations, the Foundation wants to build solid leaders by making the greatest impact possible upon the academic careers of the members of Phi Gamma Delta.
The Foundation has created Triple A, a $250 scholarship available to newly initiated members of Phi Gamma Delta who earn a 3.0 GPA during their pledging semester. Statics show that people who start their academic careers off with high GPAs are more likely to graduate with higher GPAs and graduate from the same school.
- Applicant must be an initiated member of a Phi Gamma Delta chapter or colony.
- Applicant must have earned and can verify a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale during his pledging semester (see grade verification below).
- Applicant must complete a minimum 12 credit hours or be considered a full time student at his school.
- Applicant must complete and send to the Foundation the Academic Achievement Awards Application and grade verification.
- Chapter must have properly pledged and initiated the applicant.
- Chapter must have turned in all pledge and initiation forms and fees to the International Fraternity.
- Chapter President must verify membership by signing the application.
The Foundation will accept an original official grade transcript from the school for the individual applicant which contains the applicant's grade point average of the semester/quarter in which he pledged and his social security number.
The Foundation will also accept an original signed report from a school official which lists each newly initiated member's grade point average by Fraternity. This report must include the applicant's name, social security number, Fraternity name and grade point average for the reporting term. This report may be available from your Greek Advisor, IFC or Dean of Students.
Any member accepting the Academic Achievement Award agrees to also accept emails and/or electronic communication from the Fraternity and Foundation while they are undergraduate members. If for any reason a new check must be issued, a $25 charge will be assessed.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING Triple A
Applicant has 6 months after his initiation to submit his Triple A application.
It is the applicant's responsibility to insure the application and all attachments are received at the Foundation offices. The Foundation does not contact the applicant when an application is incomplete.
Download Triple A Application
Viewing this document requires the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader.