Phi Gamma Delta: Historic Lists
Over the years the Fraternity published several editions of The Fiji Thesaurus. This section attempts to replicate the Thesaurus and then some, chronicling the service, honor and devotion of Phi Gams in fraternity and society.
BROTHERS IN WAR
"Gold Star" indicates a list of Phi Gams who gave their lives in service during a conflict. Others attempt a comprehensive list of those who served.
- American Civil War, 1861-1865: Union and Confederate
- Spanish-American War, 1898
- World War One (Gold Star)
- World War Two (Gold Star)
- Korean War (Gold Star)
- Vietnam (Gold Star) - incomplete
- Gulf Wars and Afganistan (Gold Star)
- Congressional Medal of Honor: the US's highest military honor, with citations
- Famous Fijis from a variety of professions.
- Politicians - local to national, organized alphabetically (an incomplete list)
- National Politicians - organized by position. Includes presidents, legislators, supreme court justices, cabinet secretaries, ambassadors, and governors.
- Hollywood actors, directors, and the like.
- Recognitions - major prizes such as Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, Rhodes Scholarships, etc.
- College and University Presidents
- Olympic Games - Phi Gams who participated in the Olympics.
- College and University Buildings named after Phi Gamma Deltas.
STRUCTURE AND ORGANIZATION
- Chapter Roster by Founding Date
- Conventions and Ekklesiai - our now biennial legislative gathering
- Fiji Academies - the Fraternity's preimer leadership event
- Petitions for Charter (incomplete) by institution with results;
also a brief Expansion History
- Officers of Phi Gamma Delta (some with links to obituaries and photos)
- Presidents since 1848 and Archon Presidents since 1898
Archon Vice Presidents - since 1960
Archon Treasurers - since 1898
Archon Secretaries - since 1898
Archon Councilors - since 1898
Appointed General Officers - since 1909
Headquarters Staff - since 1920
Editors of The Phi Gamma Delta - since 1879
Field Secretaries - since 1913
Interfraternal Groups - chairmen/presidents; award recipients
- Phi Gamma Delta Awards (first place only - almost complete)
- Undergraduate Chapter
Cheney Cup: Greatest all-around efficiency.
Baker Cup: Religious, ethical, and social service activities.
Zerman Trophy: Campus involvement. Known as the Archons Trophy prior to 1986.
Condon Cup: Greatest improvement.
Coon Plaque: Best chapter publication.
Jordan Bowl: Highest comparative scholarship.
Owen Cup: Greatest improvement in scholarship.
Brightman Trophy: Graduate relations.
- Graduate Chapter
Brightman Awards: most outstanding graduate chapters.
- Individual Brothers
Wilkinson Award: outstanding graduating senior.
Haynes Award: most effective Section Chief.
Durrance Award: outstanding Purple Legionnaire (chapter advisor) in the Fraternity.
Coulter Cup: graduate leader other than PL or General Officer.
Crowder Cup: outstanding faculty advisor.
Distinguished Fiji: presented annually by the Archons to up to six accomplished brothers.
- List of issues of The Phi Gamma Delta magazine, since its inception in 1879.
- Chapter House Fires