The Fiji Academy, conducted each year in early January, is designed to give new chapter officers a strong foundation so they can dynamically and
courageously lead their chapters. Brothers participating are exposed to the basic elements of chapter operations as well as higher level leadership
development, providing them with the knowledge and leadership skills needed for effective chapter management.
The 41st Fiji Academy will be held January 8-10, 2016 in St. Louis, Missouri at the St Louis Union Station Hotel, a DoubleTree by Hilton.
All Chapters and Colonies are billed for THREE delegates ($425 each) to attend the Fiji Academy. We encourage all Presidents, Treasurers and Recruitment Chairmen to attend. The Academy will offer these brothers position-specific training.
Additional delegates are encouraged to attend and will be invoiced after the event. Tracks will be offered for and Graduate Volunteers. Additional training for New Purple Legionnaires and Section Chiefs is also provided.
Brothers will also have the opportunity to participate in Pursuing Excellence sessions which provide opportunities for personal growth and development, or to explore other aspects of chapter operations.
The deadline for registration was November 30, 2015, however we can continue to register brothers for a limited time.
REGISTER NOW - SEE WHO HAS ALREADY REGISTERED
When Do I Need to be in St. Louis?
ARRIVE - FRIDAY AFTERNOON, January 8, 2016 (Pursuing Excellence sessions will begin at 1pm)
DEPART - ANYTIME ON SUNDAY, January 10, 2016
Each chapter also receives one reimbursement check at a rate of $.12 per mile for the round trip mileage from your chapter to St. Louis, Missouri. If you would like your chapter's check advanced to you, contact Donna Young. To receive an advance, your account must be current and your delegates registered. If you receive an advance and do not attend, the chapter will be assessed a 20% surcharge.
Every chapter is invoiced $425 x 3 men for a total of $1,275. The $425 fee includes:
- Hotel room and taxes for Friday and Saturday at the St Louis Union Station Hotel, a DoubleTree by Hilton. We will make your room reservation. If you need a room for Thursday evening, LET US KNOW. You will be responsible for paying for extra room nights and will need to provide a credit card for incidental charges.
- All meals beginning with dinner Friday evening and concluding with dinner Saturday.
- Commemorative Fiji Academy gift.
Where is the Hotel?
We will be staying at the St. Louis Union Station Hotel, a DoubleTree by Hilton, One Union Station, St. Louis, MO, 63103. Phone: 314-621-5262.
The hotel is approximately 20-30 minutes from Lambert Airport. For the Metrolink to transport you to the hotel, purchase a ticket ($4.00) and the Doubletree is a short walk from the train drop off point. A taxi ride from the airport to hotel will cost approximately $45.
Pursuing Excellence Sessions
Pursuing Excellence sessions are available for brothers on Friday, January 8, 2016 beginning at 1pm. Sessions are limited in size and available on a first come-first serve basis. The sessions are listed below and full descriptions can be viewed here. Be prepared to choose your session selections on the Academy registration form.
|| Block I (1pm – 2:15pm) Options
|| Block II (2:30pm – 3:45pm)
|| Block III (4pm – 5:15pm)
- Scholarship in 2016
- How to Host a Successful Philanthropy Event (Also available during Block 3)
- MarketingU: Selling Yourself with Confidence *FULL*
- Power on your Chapter, Power on Yourself *FULL*
- The Social Strengths Workshop *FULL*
- How to be Competitive in Fraternity Awards
- Good Scholarship is not Easy: How Can We Help?
- MarketingU: Selling Your Leadership Experience
- Business Writing: Getting Your Point Across
- Leadership in Action - Partnering for Performance (2:30 - 5pm) *FULL*
- Successful Graduate Events *FULL*
- How to Host a Successful Philanthropy Event (Also available during Block 1)
- Networking 101 - Making the Most of your Fraternity Connections *FULL*
- Let's Talk About Hazing
- Professional Panel – Launching My Career
What to Bring
- Your badge
- A coat and tie to wear at the Saturday Pig Dinner. Business casual wear (collared shirts and slacks or khaki pants) for all other times
- Some spending money
- Chapter t-shirts to exchange
- Creative chapter programs
- Questions about the Fraternity
- Any forms or fees that are due
- Willingness to learn and participate
||Friday, January 8, 2016
||Saturday, January 9, 2016
|| Sunday, January 4, 2015
|| 10:00a - 6:00p: Registration
1:00p - 5:15p: Pursuing Excellence Sessions
2:00p - 5:00p: New Purple Legionnaire and Section Chief Training
6:00p - 7:30p: Dinner
7:30p - 9:30p: Model Initiation
10:00p - 11p: Ritual and Values Discussion
10:00p - 11p: T-Shirt Exchange
10:30p - 1:00a: FIJI Poker Tournament
7:45a - 8:30a: Breakfast
8:30a - 9:50a: Opening Session for all attendees
10:00a - 5:00p: Educational tracks for Chapter Officers, Recruitment Chairmen, Pledge Educators, Emerging Leaders and Graduate Volunteers
12:30p - 2:00p: Scholarship Luncheon
6:30p - 8:00p: Pig Dinner
8:00p - 10:00p: Evening social activity
ALL DAY: Departures
8:00a - 2:00p: Board of Conduct meetings
9:00a: New Chapter Forum and Breakfast *invitation only
Any questions should be directed to Rob Caudill, Director of Graduate Development.